- Our Service
1.1. We provide an online platform which enables all types of temporary accommodations – including but not necessarily limited to hotels, motels, hostels, lodges, bungalows, hotel apartments, suite hotels, resort hotels, guest houses, etc. – to place their rooms for reservations, and enables visitors to our website to make such reservations.
1.2. You enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the accommodation provider once you make a reservation with a particular accommodation. Once you make such a reservation, we legally become an intermediary between you and the accommodation provider, forwarding the details of your reservation to the accommodation provider and sending you the confirmation email for and on behalf of the accommodation provider.
- Information on Our Website
2.1. The accommodation information disclosed on our website is posted by accommodation providers. With this regard, maintaining and updating all accommodation information displayed on our website – including but not limited to all rates, availability, description, pictures, booking conditions, accommodation policies, and other relevant information – to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete is the sole responsibility of the accommodation providers. While we are committed to performing our excellent services, we cannot guarantee that all the information posted by the accommodation providers is accurate, complete, correct or up to date, nor can we be held liable for any errors, interruptions (caused by any temporary and/or partial breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our website or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information, or non-delivery of information.
2.2. Please note that our accommodation providers may use many channels, including our website, for reservations. Therefore, when a search result of any channel shows that there is no more room available for booking, this means the reservation of that particular room type can not be made via GeekBooking.com.
- Use of the Website
3.1. As a user of this website, you represent, warrant, and agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information, including but not limited to payment details, e-mail, and postal and/or contact details.
3.2. In order to make a booking with us, you must be at least 18 years old.
3.3. If you have a Geek Booking account, you shall be responsible for safeguarding your account information and for all activities that occur under your account.
3.4. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
3.5. You represent, warrant, and agree not to conduct the following prohibited activities:
– making false or fraudulent reservations or any reservations in anticipation of demand;
– providing fake information of the credit card or use another person’s credit card without his/her prior consent to book an accommodation on our website;
– using our website or its contents for any non-authorized commercial purpose;
– hacking our system and its contents in any form, namely but not limited to crawling, harvesting, phishing, scamming, penetrating, intruding or any types of cyber attacks;
– reselling, using, copying, modifying, monitoring, displaying, downloading, or reproducing any content or information, software, products, or services available on our website for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose;
– delivering any unlawful postings to or through our website, or any postings which promote illegal activity;
– delivering, or providing links to, any posting that contains the contents of harm, obscenity, pornography, indecency, lewdness, violence, abuse, profanity, racism, discrimination, insults, threats, torture, harassment, hatred, objection, defamation, or libel;
– delivering any posting that infringes or violates any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including but not limited to copyrights, patents, trademarks, laws governing trade secrets, rights to privacy, or publicity;
– delivering any posting that you are not entitled to; and
– conducting any activities which (could) severely or permanently damage our website, staff, reputation, or create adverse impacts on our business.
3.6. You agree to defend and indemnify Geek Booking, its employees, agents, and representatives against any claims, liabilities, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature – including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees – brought by third parties as a result of:
– your breach of this agreement;
– your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
– your use of this website.
- Our Sole Discretion and Reserved Rights
4.1. We may suspend or terminate all or a part of this agreement at any time at our sole discretion.
4.2. We reserve the right to change, upgrade, modify, limit or suspend the service or any of its related functionalities or applications at any time temporarily or permanently without any prior notice.
4.3. We reserve the right to introduce new features, functionalities, applications, or conditions to the service or to the future version of our service.
4.5. We reserve the right to cancel or reject a booking owing to “obvious errors” at our sole discretion. An example of obvious errors is an unreasonably low price which a reasonable person would not consider to be normal. The amount charged will be refunded without charge in such case.
4.6. We reserve the right to block (“blacklist”) users from our website temporarily or permanently at our discretion. Such blacklisted users must not attempt to use the website under any other account or through any other user.
- Prices and Best Price Guarantee
6.1. All prices displayed on the GeekBooking.com are per room and per night, for the requested stay dates and for the number of people indicated, and include VAT and all other taxes (subject to change of such taxes), unless indicated otherwise on our website or in the confirmation email.
6.2. We are committed to offering you the possible lowest rate for your stay at an accommodation. With this regard, please let us know if you find an accommodation room with the same conditions at a lower rate. We will make a comparison between our rate and the lower rate and, if all conditions are met, do our best so that you will pay as lower as possible.
6.3. Please note that the lower rates for the same room type may be subject to special restrictions and conditions, such as cancellation and refund. Therefore, please check the room details thoroughly for such conditions prior to making your reservation. Such conditions may result in different rates for the same room type.
6.4. Please note that a room rate displayed on our website covers only the facilities and complimentary services as listed under the accommodation information section, indicated prior to the final booking confirmation, and/or in the confirmation email/voucher/coupon. Thus, you will be additionally charged by the accommodation provider for any extra services that are not included in the displayed rate.
6.5. All types of accommodation rooms are charged in US dollars.
7.2. In some cases – contrary to the above point, certain accommodation providers ask you to make a pre-payment (either wholly or partly) for your reservation according to the payment policy of the accommodation. As such, your pre-payment made during the reservation process will be securely processed from your credit/debit card or bank account to the bank account of accommodation providers.
7.3. In the event that you become aware of or suspect a fraudulent or unauthorized use of your credit/debit card by third parties to make an accommodation reservation via Geek Booking, please contact our Customer Service immediately.
- Cancellation and No-Shows
8.1. Once making a reservation with an accommodation provider, you accept and agree to the cancellation, no show policy, and any additional terms and conditions of the relevant accommodation with which you have made a reservation. The general cancellation and no-show policy of each accommodation provider is made available on our website on the accommodation information pages, during the reservation procedure and in the confirmation email.
8.2. Certain rates or special offers are not subject to cancellation or change. Please check the room details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
- Further Communication
You agree to receive the following information, requests, or invitation from us through any available means once you complete a booking with us:
i). necessary information of your destination and offers from third party (to the extent that you have actively opted in for) – sent to you shortly before your arrival date;
ii). requests for your completion of our guest review form – sent to you shortly after your stay;
iii). notifications about special offers and products or services available from us, our suppliers, or our business partners that may be useful to you; and
iv). invitation to our market research or surveys for the purposes of improving our products, services, and website as well as enhancing the users’ experience.
- Ranking and guest reviews
10.1. The default setting of the ranking of an accommodation on our website is the “Star” rating, which means the ranking of an accommodation is reflected by the number of the stars indicated. Please note that such ranking is created through a fully automatic ranking system (algorithm) and dependent on multiple criteria.
10.2. We may upload the completed guest review onto the information page of the relevant accommodation on our website in order to inform future customers of your opinion on the service and quality of the accommodation. Please note that we may (wholly or partly) use and place the completed guest review at our sole discretion on our website or other channels owned, hosted, used, or controlled by us for the purposes of marketing, promoting, or improving our service. We reserve the right to make alteration, refusal, or removal of reviews at our sole discretion. The guest review form should be viewed as a survey and is not intended for the inclusion of any (further commercial) offers, invitations, or incentives whatsoever.
11.2. To the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our employees, representatives, agents or others involving in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available our website and its contents shall be liable for:
- any (punitive, consequential) losses, damages, injury, death, or costs suffered, incurred, or paid by you wholly or partly caused by acts, services or products, faults, breaches, (gross) negligence, willful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations of the accommodation providers, their employees, representatives, agents, and/or their business partners;
- any (punitive, consequential) losses, damages, or costs suffered, incurred, or paid by you due to your inability to use, or delay of our website;
- inaccuracy, incompleteness, and/or obsolescence of the descriptive information (including but not limited to all rates, availability, description, pictures, booking conditions, accommodation policies, and other relevant information) of the accommodations displayed on our website;
- unauthorized access to or tampering with your personal information or transmissions;
- any property damages – including damage to your computer or computer system attributable to viruses or harmful contents during or after your use of our website;
- any transactions entered into through our website; and
- any losses, damages, or costs suffered, incurred, or paid by you due to a force majeure event or any other event beyond our control.
11.3. The accommodation provider is at all times responsible for the collection, withholding, remittance and payment of the applicable taxes due on the total amount of the room price to the relevant tax authorities. We are not liable or responsible for such tasks.
11.4. We does not own, manage, operate or control the accommodations, or any room in such accommodations. Therefore, the accommodations are liable and responsible for providing accommodation and welcoming people who have made reservations through Geek Booking as their guests.
11.5. We shall not be liable in the case that an accommodation rejects to check you in or requests you to leave for legal or regulatory reasons.
- Intellectual Property Rights
12.1. All contents – including but not limited to brand, system, information, services and other relevant features – made available on or used by our website are the exclusive ownership of GeekBooking.com. Without our written permission, no single individual or company can copy, scrape, (hyper-/deep) link to, publish, promote, market, integrate, utilize, combine or other use our contents or our brand.
12.2. Any illegal use or any of the aforementioned actions or behaviour will be regarded as a material infringement of our intellectual property rights (including copyright and database right).
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Cambodia, and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.